2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 vs 2016 BMW 535i In Sylvania, OH
The luxury sedan segment is as competitive as ever, with several European brands offering outstanding comfort, as well as cutting edge technology and exhilarating performance. Two of the most popular options available in the Sylvania, OH area, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 and 2016 BMW 535i, deliver in all key aspects, but there are several important characteristics that make one luxury sedan preferable to the other. When compared side-by-side, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 provides drivers with a dynamic performance, advanced technology, and a better overall value than the 2016 BMW 535i.
Have your mind made up? Browse through our new inventory to learn more about the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350, or continue reading to learn where the E350 has advantages over the 535i.
2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 vs. 2016 BMW 535i: Performance
While offering engines capable of similar outputs, there are several differences in performance between the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 and the 2016 BMW 535i. Both models come with a RWD drivetrain paired with a V6 engine, but the Mercedes-Benz luxury sedan comes with several performance features that the BMW model doesn’t offer.
- AGILITY CONTROL? suspension adjusts the individual shock absorbers on the E350 according to road conditions and driving style. The handling options on the 535i simply aren’t as sophisticated.
- The sport-tuned springs and shock absorbers on the E350 deliver a quicker response and a more aggressive stance than the 535i.
- Several efficient components are included with the E350 to offer a greener overall performance than the 535i.
2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 vs. 2016 BMW 535i: Interior Design & Technology
Do you demand an elegantly designed iconic interior cabin with the latest in modern technology? The 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 is built with nods to both its past and its future with a stately design combined with futuristic flair. The 2016 BMW 535i is built to meet driver’s basic needs, but doesn’t offer much more. Vital interior differences include:
- Hand-polished wood and sleek metallic trim highlight the interior of the new E350. The 535i interior doesn’t feel as refined.
- The classic analog clock included with the E350 celebrates the past, while the COMAND? connectivity system puts hands-free calling, music streaming, and navigation at your fingertips. The 535i doesn’t offer the same duality as the E350.
- Both models offer 14-way power front seats with memory, but only the E350 provides MB-Tex upholstery and a Nappa leather multifunction steering wheel.
2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 vs. 2016 BMW 535i: Safety
Both the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 and the 2016 BMW 535i offer cutting edge safety systems to keep drivers and passengers as protected as possible, but there are several important differences that luxury sedan drivers in and around the Sylvania, OH area need to consider before making a purchase.
- The E350 offers radar-based Collision Prevention Assist Plus which activates the Adaptive Brake Assist, should it detect an imminent collision. The 535i doesn’t come with a similar system.
- Attention Assist comes standard on the E350, and monitors your driving behavior to detect drowsiness. This technology is not included with the 535i.
- The 11 airbags that come with the E350 wrap drivers and passengers in a cocoon of safety. BMW doesn’t offer nearly as many airbags in the 535i.
2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 vs. 2016 BMW 535i: Value & Pricing
When it comes to value in a luxury sedan, the 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 offers a lot more for less than the 2016 BMW 535i costs. With a starting MSRP of $53,100 before options, the Mercedes-Benz E350 will cost less initially than the BMW 535i and its $56,845 MSRP, but that’s not where the difference in value ends. There are several key factors that drivers need to consider when it comes to determining the long-term value of a luxury sedan. Differences between the two luxury sedans include:
|2016 Mercedes-Benz E350||Model||2016 BMW 535i|
|$0.86||Average Cost Per Mile||$0.93|
over 5 Years
|$4,794||Expected Insurance Cost over 5 Years||$5,481|
|$2,245||Expected Repair Cost
over 5 Years
Test Drive The 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350 In Sylvania, OH Today!
The 2016 E350 is clearly the superior luxury sedan when compared side-by-side to the BMW 535i. The E350 offers a more enjoyable performance, superior design, and state-of-the-art technology that the 535i simply can’t compete with.
Do you want to schedule a test-drive appointment for the new 2016 Mercedes-Benz E350? Contact the product specialists at Vin Devers Autohaus in Sylvania, OH through our website or by phone at (888) 847-9535 to make an appointment that works with your schedule and take a look at the new E350 sedan.
2016 Mercedes-Benz E350
3.5L gasoline V-6
5yr Depreciation: $29,908
5yr Insurance cost: $4,794
5yr Repair Cost $2,245
2016 BMW 535i
TwinPower Turbo Inline 4-Cylinder
5yr Depreciation: $35,698
5yr Insurance Cost: $5,481
5 yr Repair Cost: $2,441