2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 vs. 2016 VW Tiguan in Sylvania, OH
Drivers in and around Sylvania, OH seeking a luxurious, well-equipped SUV may find themselves wondering whether the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 or the 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan will serve them best. Both models are quite popular in the area, but a head-to-head comparison reveals that the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 goes above and beyond to offer supreme performance, design, and tech features to drivers who want to take command of their daily commute.
Read on to see why the Mercedes-Benz GLA250 wins against the Volkswagen Tiguan. For this comparison, we will look at the 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan SE.
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 vs. 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan: Performance
What do drivers expect from their high-end SUV? First and foremost, drivers need to be able to count on a powerful yet fuel-efficient performance and excellent handling to make their commute as smooth as possible.
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 edges out the 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan by offering more horsepower, more torque, and better fuel economy. Drivers who crave responsive acceleration should note that the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 boasts a 0-60 acceleration time of just 7.2 seconds.
|Mercedes-Benz GLA250||Model||Volkswagen Tiguan SE|
|2.0L turbo Direct Injection four-cylinder engine||Engine||2.0L four-cylinder TSI® engine|
|208 HP @ 5,500 RPM||Horsepower||200 HP @ 5,100 RPM|
|258 lb.-ft. @ 1,250 RPM||Torque||207 lb.-ft. @ 1,700 RPM|
|25/35 MPG||Fuel Efficiency (city/highway)||21/26 MPG|
The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 SUV draws on a seven-speed DCT dual-clutch automatic transmission with shift paddles and selectable ECO, Sport, and Manual modes to truly let drivers take command of their everyday drive.
The 2016 VW Tiguan offers a six-speed transmission with shift paddles and Sport mode.
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 vs. 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan: Interior & Exterior Design
Both the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 and the 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan SE offer their own design, comfort, and convenience features that will work to transform an everyday drive into something more sophisticated. However, a side-by-side comparison reveals that the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 goes the extra mile to offer elegant touches that the 2016 Tiguan SE just can’t match.
- Tailor your chair to your exact specifications with the GLA250’s 14-way power driver seat with memory and four-way power lumbar support. The driver’s seat in the Tiguan SE is not as adjustable.
- The dual-zone automatic climate control in the GLA250 lets the driver and passengers make themselves more comfortable than the manual, single-zone climate control in the Tiguan SE.
- Enjoy peaceful ambient interior LED lighting in the front cupholders, footwells, and door handles of the GLA250.
- The 2016 GLA250 features the iconic five-spoke wheels that distinguish a Mercedes-Benz SUV from any other vehicle on the road, available in 18-in. twin or 19-in. twin options. The 2016 Tiguan SE comes with 18-in. New York wheels.
- Drivers can feast their eyes on the bold, aerodynamic exterior design on the Mercedes-Benz GLA250 SUV, and can opt for available sport body styling thanks to a Sport Package for an even more athletic appearance.
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 vs. 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan: Tech & Safety Features
A luxurious SUV calls for the utmost in connectivity, safety, and entertainment technology, and the 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 SUV flourishes when it comes to providing exceptional infotainment to drivers near the Toledo, OH area.
- Only Mercedes-Benz can offer mbrace® Connect for remote unlock/start, roadside assistance, speed alert, Yelp®, fuel prices, vehicle finder, and many more cutting-edge tech and safety features.
- Control your audio, video, hands-free calling, and available navigation more easily on the GLA250’s 7-in. color display with a central controller. The Tiguan SE comes with a smaller screen.
- Music-lovers and radio enthusiasts will love the available 500-watt harman/kardon LOGIC7® sound system designed specially for the GLA.
- Increase your awareness on the road with the Mercedes-Benz ATTENTION ASSIST® system, the first of its kind to alert the driver visually and audibly when it detects signs of drowsiness or inattention.
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 vs. 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan: Price
The Mercedes-Benz GLA250 SUV has a starting MSRP of $32,500; well worth the difference over the Volkswagen Tiguan SE’s $31,390 starting MSRP when you consider the extra luxury and performance it infuses into the art of the everyday drive.
2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250
2.0L turbo Direct Inection 4-Cylinder
Torque: 258 lb-ft
Fuel Efficiency: 25/35 MPG
MSRP: Starting From $32,500 *
2016 Volkswagen Tiguan
2.0L four-cylinder TSI®
Torque: 207 lb-ft
Fuel Efficiency: 21/26 MPG
Horsepower: 200 HP
MSRP: Starting From $31,390*
Test Drive The 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 Today In Sylvania, OH!
Now that you’ve seen what the Mercedes-Benz GLA250 SUV can do, head to the new vehicle inventory at our Mercedes-Benz dealership in Sylvania, OH to choose the trim package that will take your everyday drive to the next level. Do you have any questions? Call us at (888) 847-9535 to speak with a Vin Devers Autohaus product specialist, or get in touch through our online contact form.